Sunday, September 11, 2011

Red Devil Pride

We are the DEVILS and don't you forget it!
What?

After the football game on friday, which was a little deperessing, I won't lie. I was thinking about it and I actually have never been more proud to be a Springville Red Devil.

Because I realized that I don't need my team to win to be proud to be a devil.

Yes, the game would have been a little more fun if we would have creamed Maple Mountain like in past years, but they deserved the win. Their team played better then we did, that's all there is to it.

But during the game as I looked across the field to the other stands filled with there bland colors of maroon and maybe some gold I was surprised that the fans weren't screaming their heads off. Yes they would jump up and down when they scored... But the majority of the rest of the time they were just standing there. I'm sure they were way excited.. But they just weren't showing it...

I guess there really
Ain't no party like a springville party

I remember last year when we beat timpview. That was the best high school football game I think I'll ever go to. Lost my voice. Cheered the whole game. Unreal how amazing that moment was when we beat them. The stands shook the whole time from the student section jumping.

That is how I thought maple mountain would have been when they beat us. But they weren't.

So I'm glad to be a red devil.
I'm glad that our fans were still so supportive that game.
I'm glad that I could still have fun at the game even though we lost.
I'm glad that our hello dance was fun and that we kept our spirits up.

This next week is homecoming.
And even if we haven't won a game yet, we are still going to go for the win.
We will cheer our team on till the end.

Devils in the stands get up and clap you hands!

No matter how the game turns out..
we know what it means to be a
Mighty Red Devil
We know what it means to live in The Ville.
We know what it means to be a part of the school.
We know what it means to wear the red&blue.
We know what it means to live the legend.
We know what it means to keep the fire burning.
We know what it means to keep the traditions going.
We know what it means to have
Red Devil Pride

No comments:

Post a Comment