Thursday, April 4, 2013

I hope they call me on a mission

I remember singing that song with about 5 other kids in a primary program when I was around 6 years old...

I don't think I ever really thought that I'd actually be the one going though..

But things change.  And so quickly.




 Last week I was called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the El Salvador Santa Ana/Belize Mission - spanish speaking.  I report to the Mexico MTC on August 21, 2013.
 










I could not be more humbled by the opportunity I have to serve.  Nothing has brought more happiness to my life than the gospel of Jesus Christ and I can't wait to share it with the people of El Salvador and Belize.  It is so inspiring to know that God has called me specifically to this mission to serve these people.  I am so grateful that I get to be a part of bringing God's children the truth, because there are so many out there who don't have it.  I can't wait to meet the people of El Salvador and Belize and to feel of their love; I just hope that in my time on my mission I can help them feel the love God has for each one of them.

I'm also so grateful for the opportunity I have had to prepare to serve a mission.  Never in my life have I felt closer to to my Savior, and I know I will only grow closer to him as I serve my mission.  Even before I knew that I was going to go on a mission I started stuyding Preach my Gospel and I am so thankful for how it has helped me to learn more about the gospel.  Also my mission prep teachers at institute and in sunday school have been such an inspiration to me to prepare as much as I can now, so that by the time August 21st rolls around I will be as ready as possible to serve.

Today in Mission Prep at Institue we talked about how others can just see the light in our eyes as faithful members of the church, and especially as missionaries.  I can't even imagine the joy I will feel as I start to see that light begin to shine brighter in the eyes of the people of El Salvador and Belize as they gain a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and as they come closer to their Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment