Sunday, October 9, 2011

Why I dance - ADC

ADC
Athena Dance Company
it's more than just a dance company.
it's a family.

I seriously feel like the girls that are on ADC are the sisters that I have never had. 
Even the girls I haven't known for that long. 
Unless you have been on ADC then I don't think anyone could actually understand what it feels like.
What it feels like to walk into the dance studio on those days you just want to give up.
And yet someone WILL make you smile, no matter how bad of a day it has been.
When we push each other to work our hardest.
We dance for each other.
We lift each other through our trials.
We feel something through dance.
It is how we express ourselves.
and how we finally just let go.
When you can't hold in your emotions any longer..
and it all just comes out on the dance floor

"tears of sadness. tears of joy.
either way...
teardrops on the dance floor
are the ones most felt"

My amazing director Tyne was telling us on thursday how she feels that when we truly dance and express ourselves she sees us as who Heavenly Father sees us as.
and I believe thats true.
I believe when I dance, I am my true self.
That is why I dance.
ADC is why I dance.
It's not because I'm some amazing dancer...
cause I'm really not that great.
I have a lot I can work on.
But I dance because it's my passion.
It is what makes me happiest in my life.

I still can't believe I went all last year without it.
All of those endless hours in rehearsal.
All of the uncontrollable laughter.
The inside jokes.
The crazy costumes.
The amazing moments when you hit a triple or a quad (or 5 or 6 if you're angel haha)
The feeling when you are dancing perfectly in sync with the girls next to you.
The awkward moments when you mess up.
The excitement of performing.
The parties that bond us forever.
The dances that we perfect.
And the simple moments that I will never forget.

Thank you ADC
for being in my life
I don't know where I would be without you girls
I'm grateful that for this one year
we get to dance together
and forever be bonded
as ADC

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much. It's all so true, love every second of it ADC girls, because dance is amazing and I still love it more than anything (except the gospel of course) but ADC turns dance into an even more incredible experience, so LIVE IT UP AND LOVE EVERY SINGLE MOMENT.

    ReplyDelete