Sunday, August 28, 2011

High School Sweethearts

My parents.
High school sweethearts.
Actually, technically Jr. High sweethearts.
How come it worked out so perfectly for them?
I'm sure their relationship wasn't perfect or always easy and I'm sure they went through rough times that I don't know about...
But it sure seems perfect.


<3
hahahahaha so funny looking
but so precious

They met at the welcome back dance at Springville Jr. High School when my mom was in 8th grade and my dad was in 9th grade.
My dad still claims to this day that he knew he was going to marry my mom from the moment he saw her.
Whether that is true or not, I don't know, but it still is cute either way.
From then on they were together, and they will be forever.
My dad would walk my mom home from school.
They would go get ice creams together after my dads (rotary or quality, I can't remember) football games and my mom cheered (for snowdairy I think.)
They went to almost all the high school dances together.
They were there for each other all through high school.
There are pictures of them in their Springville high yearbooks together.
I read their yearbook signings and they are the sweetest things ever.
My mom waited for my dad on his mission.
And they got married in the Salt Lake Temple.
Pretty much the most perfect fairytale high school sweetheart story ever.

So how come if our parents love life story was so amazing...
Then why does it suck so bad for me and my brothers?

One of my brothers had a serious girlfriend in high school and we all loved her then.... Until she broke his heart and he hasn't been as close to anybody since then. And I know how much it hurts him as he gets older seeing all of his friends get married and wondering when he'll ever find someone.  He is so funny, sweet, caring, and loving and I know any girl would be so lucky to have him and I hope he finds someone soon.

My other brother thought he found the one. Yet she kept going back on forth on whether she was ready or not to get married. Finally they figured things out and he proposed this last weekend. Yet already a day later she is saying she doesn't think she is ready. It is crushing my brother. I love him so much and i was so happy for him. He is the best example and he deserves to be happy.

And then there is me.
Amanda.
You want to know what my name means?
'Worthy of Love'
How ironic
Especially since I've never been in a relationship before.
I just wish I was like my mom and had someone to be with as I went through high school.
Even if I didn't end up marrying them.
I don't know it would be nice to just not have to worry about not getting asked to dances.
Or to have someone to walk around the halls with.
Or just someone to to talk to.
Or just to show they care about you.


I don't know...
I guess I'm just complaining about how me and my brothers love life sucks.
I just know that it hurts all of us.

But somewhere out there is someone for each of us.
I know it.
I guess we just have to wait
And eventually we'll find our own fairytales.

2 comments:

  1. <3 you already have mee thouggh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ARE BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED AND SWEET AND SMART and ANY
    guy would be sooo, so lucky to have you as his highschool sweetheart! What is the matter with these devils?

    you probably have a secret admirer...but you will never know about him

    jerks.

    ReplyDelete