Sunday, January 27, 2013

Change of Mindset


This picture says it all.

This seriously happens every night in my dorm room.

Now that I've decided to serve a mission it is absolutely crazy how much my mindset has changed. 

I didn't realize it would change this much.


I mean its not like before I wasn't reading my scriptures or didn't love the gospel or anything, cause trust me I did or I wouldn't be going on a mission.

But serving a mission is all I can think about these days.

For the girl who used to be so gung ho about studying and getting good grades and preparing now for grad school even though I'm just a freshman...It's just almost like I just want to forget about school.

It's actually become kind of a problem.  Like I need to stay motivated.  Cause I do want to accomplish my dreams and goals when I get back.

But dang I would be so happy if I could just spend all my time preparing for a mission by studying the scriptures and preach my gospel instead of studying for classes.

The probably 15 minutes of scripture study I used do when I was trying not to fall asleep at night after I finished all my homework has now turned into me feeling like its not enough if I don't get close to studying an hour out of my scriptures/preach my gospel each day.  And I do it before my homework now.

I feel like I have it planned out perfectly: put papers in March, finish up another great semester at the U, be an orientation leader at the U for the summer, and hopefully get to leave at the end of July and if not that than hopefully August.

But as each day goes by, I kind just wish I was just leaving now!  I'm so excited for everything going on in my life in the next 6 months, but my mindset has changed.  I just want to get out there and serve.

I know that God has a plan for me though, and there are probably reasons that I'm here at school doing what I'm doing.

I'm so beyond grateful for the opportunity to prepare for a mission though.  Already in the past month I've grown so much closer to my Savior and my testimony has grown so much just from preparing to serve.  I'm so grateful for mission prep at institute and in sunday school at church on sundays.  The spirit is always so strong as I know that we are preparing to go out and change people's lives and bring them happiness. 

Its sometimes so hard each week getting on facebook and seeing everyone get there calls, but I know soon enough it will be my turn.  I can't wait to be numbered among these sisters as well as many many others.

"We will be the Lord's missionaries, and bring the world his truth"

-future sister missionary


No comments:

Post a Comment