Monday, August 29, 2011

Official Title: Student Sweeper

My Official Title?
Student Sweeper
What it really means?
I'm a janitor.
at Cherry Creek Elementary.
haha

what a job.
and i've had it for a year now.
but hey it earns me money.
how else would I be able to pay for my portion of my car payment every month, or pay my parents back for part of my trip, or my part of dance classes, or all the extra little things I like to buy.
good things about my job? i just listen to music and text the whole time, i dont have to work nights or weekends or holidays, and it's not that hard.

I don't know though...sometimes I think about it...and really I go in everyday after school for FOUR (well i guess technically 3.95) long hours and clean.
Yep.
Vacuum.
Empty Trashes.
Clean Desks.
I guess sweep or mop every once in awhile.
all the things a janitor would do.
but atleast I don't have to pick up throw up or clean bathrooms or anything gross like that.

Thats a long time though when you think about it...
thats like 2/3 the amount of time we sit at school.


Thoughts from work:
  • my ipod is my best friend
  • i will always appreciate clean windows and drinking fountains
  • "blue skies" is more then just pretty sky. its a cleaner
  • big loads of paper is a lot heavier to throw away then you think
  • the elementary school is one of the scariest places I know (i get scared and scream on a daily basis)
  • the faculty room always has some type of left over snack or treat
  • we like to raid the fridge
  • we like to hide out in the rooms without windows
  • picking up trash outside isn't just something people do for community service
  • i would love if we had wifi at the school
  • sometimes you find yourself having the most random conversations with the people you work with
  • 5:30=breaktime...meet in the art room
  • sometimes teachers can be messier then the students can
  • there is nothing more annoying then woodchips
  • glitter never vacuums up
  • gum in the carpet is annoying
  • it's funny when people try to talk to you when you have your headphones in and music blasting
  • new teachers are funny
  • 65c. = soda :)
  • the basement underneath the school is the scariest place
  • sometimes huge spiders like to crawl on the carpet. so we catch them and spray them with cleaners till they die
  • 5 more minutes always means 10 more minutes
  • giving daily advice to jared on how he shouldn't do drugs and should go to school
  • me and kelby arguing on whether SF is better or SHS ....obviously SHS
  • setting up chairs for programs is annoying
  • wednesday means disinfect the desks
  • apparently kids can trip on dirt on the gravel...so we have to sweep it up
  • hand prints on glass windows are terrible
  • it would always be nice if someone would just volunteer to do my job for me one of these days...
oh im sure there are so many more things i could think of to put on here...
but i can't think of them right now.

i just cant believe
that i have thee lamest job ever
i'm a student sweeper :P

No comments:

Post a Comment