Saturday, June 18, 2011

What I got out of youth conference

I'll admit I didn't have the best attitude about youth conference... And most of the time I just wanted to go home... But there is always SOMETHING you can get out of every situation...
So here is the highlights and what I learned:
•lots of free time
•a nice little walk around springville
•a free snocone
•a ride in a nice truck
•nap time
•always first in line for food - thanks to ladies first and good timing
•s'mores
•high school students don't do well waking up before 7
•brocks morningside - "find the true warrior within you"
•breakfast burritos :)
•more free time
•bathrooms are gross up hobble creek canyon
•picking up sticks off the grass doesn't include the big firewood haha
•more nap time
•fruit snacks can be great entertainment
•ropes course games are easier if you've already done them at girls camp
•getting a little to up close and personal and playing with poles ;)
•it's disappointing when you make it to the top of the rock climbing wall but forget to press the button at the top before you come down
•new caterpillar friend Gerald :)
•learning how to do cute messy bun
•in water fights you always have to sacrifice and get wet a little before you can make an alliance
•watching certain people comfort those after taking a hard fall during water fight
•it's always nice to be prepared with a full change of clothes ;)
•testimony meeting
•dinner and finally going home

So I guess I complained a lot... But I found ways to have fun with friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment