Sunday, June 26, 2011

How "Fortunate"

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet a sweet young girl named Fortunate.
I met her while my family and I were visiting a family that is from Africa that my brother Ryan helped baptize while he was on his mission in Ireland. She is cousins with this family and they were serving us dinner last night. The whole family was so fun and loving. Fortunate was so cute but kinda shy at first. She is eleven and wants to be a nurse or a hairstylist when she grows up. She spent some of the night braiding my hair and also having races outside. It amazed me to see how strong the family is in the church. Especially today after visiting their branch for church. I bet there were a total of twenty people there.

In church one of the guys mentioned this in his talk

"coincidences are one of Gods simple ways of letting us know he is there"

I can't help but think how fortunate it was for our family to be in Ireland this exact weekend and visiting that specific branch because it just so happens that the little eleven year old girl Fortunate was baptized earlier the day we went over for dinner and she was confirmed during church while we were there. It was just such a sweet testament in my life to see this girl join the church. When she was sitting down i looked up and she flashed a quick bright smile at me and i thought no wonder she has such a bright light to her today... Cause today she joined the church.. Which is what is going to bring her true happiness throughout her life. Also it proved to me the real effects of missionary work because If my brother wouldn't have served and helped baptize the family they wouldn't have been able to share that with their cousin Fortunate now year later.

Also it just so happened that nobody else in the branch could play the piano and so I was able to have the opportunity to play during the hymns... I am grateful for this opportunity and that I have the talent to play the piano and share that with others.

I'm so grateful for these small coincidences in my life that testify to me that God is watching over me and that he is there. I am so fortunate to have the gospel in my life and I'm so fortunate to have met this family in Ireland along with many other members we've met. I'm so fortunate that in the small time i had with them they were able to touch my life, and i only hope that i might have some how touched theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment